Sunday, September 7, 2008

Under the Sea



I eated them all!!!!!
Thanks must go out once again to the glucksman ireland house for filling the voids in my social life. Saturday I tagged along on an MA program field trip through lower Manhattan. Beginning in Nolita, we explored the crypt of Old St. Patrick's Cathedral. I must admit, it was a bit of a let down. Not nearly as creepy and dark and dingy as I would have liked for a 200 year old catholic church. So after hearing way too much about dead irishmen and their resting places, we walked, in the torrential rain, down to wall street. Stopping briefly in front of the Emigrant Savings Bank, City Hall, and St. Paul's Church. Our final destination was Ulysses. Ulysses is located on that oh so quaint section of Pearl Street next to a dozen other "period" pubs and restaurants. However, despite its overpriced and overly authentic atmosphere, not only was a happily able to consume a basket of baby calamaris, but I also had the pleasure of staying way too long to avoid the rain, entertained by the characters of irish study, Harp, and my trusty supervisor. I have the best job ever. period.

No comments: