Monday, January 19, 2009

On this trip to Ikea...

...I was actually able to explore how they renovated the pier, instead of waiting for a coveted spot on the ferry (apparently people like to stay inside when its 6 degrees in the city). I love waterfronts, and although, as my mom complained, their attempts to explain the function of the many landmarks they preserved only led to more questions of the original purpose, you still have to give them kudos for not removing everything all together. It amazes me how much brooklyn has changed, and how much it will continue to gentrify. Brooklyn, unlike queens, has a foundation that was not built around suburban sprawl. I hope it maintains its diversity and pride through the development that is inevitable.


1 comment:

Alex said...

I do miss our IKEA adventures.